1. Informational Phone Call: This is the initial contact with The Lewis Clinic and School. Preliminary questions about the School are answered, and information regarding the student is shared. If parents desire, an educational evaluation is scheduled.
2. Educational Evaluation: Conducted by our trained Test Administrators at The Lewis Clinic, our Educational Evaluations are designed to assess, in plain language, the individual child's learning strengths and weaknesses. These are measured and assessed through a variety of standardized and non-standardized tests. For the most part, these tests are administered with a critical eye for error analysis as opposed to a percentile score. At the conclusion of the evaluation the Test Administrator confers with both parents to discuss preliminary findings. A written report follows in the mail. If the evaluation reveals that the student could benefit from the sequential, multi-sensory educational approach delivered at The Lewis School, the parents are invited to pursue admission.
3. Admission Package and Interview: Submitted to the Admissions department, a complete application package includes: The Application Form, Recommendations from recent teachers and/or tutors, Transcript form current school, past evaluations (including medical when appropriate) and educational history. An interview is then scheduled to discuss the individual child.
4.Admissions Department Review of Applicants: Following the admissions interviews, the admissions department meets to discuss the applicant's needs and our ability to meet them. If an educational fit is determined, an offer of placement is made.
5. Waiting List Agreement: After an offer is made, we ask parents to respond to us within two weeks in the form of a signed agreement and deposit. It is from this waiting list that we draw students for the upcoming year, on a first-come, first- served basis (providing there is an appropriate opening).
6. Enrollment: After a place has been offered, we ask that parents formalize their intention by returning to us, within two weeks, a complete Enrollment Package. The Enrollment Package consists of a signed enrollment contract and payment due to date. Submission of the completed enrollment contract and payment are required before a student’s enrollment can be confirmed.